DO 39, s. 2006 – Promoting Equitable Access to and Optimum Utilization of Instructional Facilities for Basic Education
Regional Secretary, DepED ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- In order to improve access to quality basic education by maximizing the utilization of instructional facilities in schools and ensure equity in the distribution of government resources for basic education, all DepED Regional Offices are advised to implement the following guidelines:
- Maximize the utilization of existing classrooms in the private secondary schools through the Education Voucher System;
- Rationalize the establishment of new schools by focusing on those communities not being served by any school. All Regional Offices are directed to implement a moratorium on the opening of additional public secondary schools except in the following areas:
b.1 Municipalities without either a public or private high school:
Region Division Municipality I Ilocos Sur San Vicente X Lanao del Norte Poona Piagapo Tangcal ARMM Lanao del Sur Tagoloan II Total 4
b.2 Fifteen (15) provinces being covered by SEDIP:
Region Province IV-B – MIMAROPA Romblon V Masbate VI Antique, Guimaras VII Negros Oriental VIII Southern Leyte, Leyte, Biliran IX Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay XII North Cotabato XIII (CARAGA) Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Sur CAR Ifugao, Benguet
- In municipalities (totaling 536) without private high schools, enrolment increase in public secondary schools shall be addressed through the construction of additional classrooms or through the creation of extension classes in the public elementary schools.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: