DO 10, s. 2007 – Submission of the Priority Lists of Recipient Schools to be Funded Under the CY 2007 DepED School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage (Red and Black Schools)
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The Appropriation for the CY 2007 DepED School Building Program has been set at PhP2.76 Billion. Of this amount, PhPl.0 Billion will be utilized to address the classroom requirements of schools belonging to the Red and Black codes of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). Red and Black Schools refers to areas experiencing acute classroom shortage: (a) where the number of students divided by the existing number of classrooms shall result to a classroom-student ratio of 1:60 or more, (b) those where classrooms are temporary in nature or makeshift structures; or (c) those without any classrooms at all.
- In making the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each region and the standard cost for the different project components. Field offices shall allocate based on the actual needs, provided that the total allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the division. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Rooms Analysis of the BEIS data (SY 2006-2007). The guidelines on the identification of recipient schools under this program are enclosed in Annex “A”. The summary of regional allocation is in Annex “C”.
- An ocular inspection of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess current site conditions and to determine actual classroom needs as well as the corresponding cost thereof.
- The project listings should be prepared by the Division Physical Facilities Coordinator and duly approved by the Schools Division Superintendent.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division-Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS), DepED Central Office at 4th Floor Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-72-63/638-41-08/638-71-10 and e-mail address at email@example.com following the format in Annex “C” on or before February 16, 2007.
- The data in the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) shall be made as the basis in the preparation of listing for those divisions who will not be able to comply with the deadline of submission.
- A team composed of PFSED engineers and the Regional/Division Physical Facilities Coordinator will conduct site appraisal based on the submitted lists from the field offices.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Memorandum: No. 3, s. 2006 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: