DO 15, s. 2007 – Administration of the English and Filipino Reading tests to All Grade Three Pupils in Public Schools
March 6, 2007
DO 15, s. 2007
Administration of the English and Filipino Reading tests to All Grade Three Pupils in Public Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- To continuously track the progress of Early Child A Reader Program (ECARP), a national test on Grade Three English and Filipino Multiple Choice Reading Comprehension shall be administered to all Grade Three pupils every first week of March beginning 2007. The National Education Testing and Research Center (NETRC), with the assistance of the elementary school officials, shall administer this test.
- The Reading Test for Grade Three aims to assess the reading comprehension level of elementary school teachers.
- All Grade Three pupils will no longer take the fourth grading periodical test in Reading English and Filipino. Instead the National Test in Reading will be given a weight of 25%.
- A scoring template will be provided by NETRC. After checking the Answer Sheets, the teacher shall prepare the pupil’s Certificate of Rating, the format of which will be given by NETRC.
- Consolidation of data on the Grade Three Enrolment in each of the schools in the division shall be done by the Division Office and shall be submitted by the Schools Division Superintendent (SDS) to the NETRC on or before the end of January for the latter’s reference in the allocation of test materials.
- Assignment of room examiners shall be done by the SDS. Room examiners are Grades 4, 5 or 6 teachers not teaching English or Filipino and coming from another school district within the division.
- Other pertinent guidelines on the assignment of examiners, delivery and retrieval of test materials, and administration of the test shall be discussed in a National Orientation Conference.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Reference: DepED Order: No. 5, s. 2005 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: