DO 16, s. 2007 – 2007 Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The 2007 Graduation Rites shall focus on the theme “Student Empowerment: Towards Greater Productivity” (Lakas ng Kabataan: Tungo sa Maunlad na Kinabukasan). It shall be scheduled any day between March 26-30, 2007.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, this Office reiterates the Department’s policy on the conduct and collection of fees for graduation rites as contained in DepED Order No. 8, s. 2005, to wit:
- Public schools are not allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution for graduation rites;
- PTA/PTCAs may solicit voluntary contributions from their members for graduation ceremonies and celebrations, however, teachers and principals should not be involved in the collection of said contributions. Use of such contributions for graduation shall be coordinated with and properly reported to the PTA/PTCA members;
- No non-academic project shall be imposed as a requirement for graduation;
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required; and
- Contributions for the annual yearbook shall likewise be on a voluntary basis.
- The graduation rite should be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the graduating students and their parents and shall not in any way be used as an avenue for political forum.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is hereby directed.
Reference: DepED Order: No. 9, s. 2006 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: