DO 17, s. 2007 – Constituting a Tech-Voc Task Force for Secondary Education
March 6, 2007
DO 17, s. 2007
Constituting a Tech-Voc Task Force for Secondary Education
Directors of Bureaus/Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Vocational School Administrators/Heads, Technical-Vocational Schools
- In the exigency of the service, the Task Force on Tech-Voc is hereby created to be composed of the following:
Chair : USEC. Vilma Labrador
Co-Chair : OIC-ASEC. Teresita Inciong,
Leader : COS, Romeo Glenn Sumido, Jr.
Co-Leader : OIC-Dir. Ricardo de Lumen
Members : Engr. Raul La Rosa, OIC Dir., DepEd NSTIC
Dir. Lolita Andrada, DepEd BSE
OIC-Dir. M. Paul Soriano, Technical Service, DepEd-CO
Mr. Basilio Bacuyag, Regional Supervisor, DepEd RO-II
Mr. Bernardo Pascual, Regional Supervisor, DepEd RO-IV-A
Mr. Ricardo Rapacon, PAVEA President
Mr. Roman Delfin Jr., PAVE President
Mr. Albert Dumo, DepEd-BSE
Program Secretariat: Ms. Demetria Manuel, DepEd CO Ms. Priscilla Ong, DepEd-CO
Mr. Charlie Tayas, DepEd-CO
Ms. Yrrah Jean Pineda, DepEd-CO
Mr. Reginald Lizondra, DepEd-CO
Others/On Call: Regional Tech-Voc/TLE Coordinators
President, Regional Association of Vocational School Administrator
- The Task Force shall:
- Strengthen the existing tech-voc high schools in the public secondary education system in terms of curriculum, teachers and management training, infrastructure, facilities and other relevant assistance for these tech-voc high schools;
- Initiate and formulate/develop strategies, policies and guidelines pertaining to the conceptualization, process, implementation, monitoring and evaluation phase of the new strengthened tech-voc program in the existing tech-voc high schools;
- Identify key persons from various entities, particularly from the academe to delineate program tasking;
- Establish partnership/linkages and coordinate with prospective stakeholders in public and private agencies as well as international institutions for the implementation and sustenance of said tech-voc program in secondary education;
- Provide information, reports and submit output to the chairman and/or co¬chairpersons of the task force;
- Coordinate with BSE officials and staff for technical assistance and other pertinent concerns to fast track the process and implementation of the said program;
- Implement, monitor and evaluate the said program upon the approval of the undersigned; and
- Conduct regular and necessary meetings with the members of the Task Force and of the Advisory Council for program development and inter-agency agreements with them.
- All necessary expenses relative to the functions of the Task Force such as conferences, meetings, board and lodging, traveling expenses, payment for extra essential services and other incidental expenses are chargeable against OSEC Funds for DepED Central Office Task Force members and Local Funds for Regional/Field Office Task Force members, subject to the usual government accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The Task Force is hereby authorized to call on any unit or person insuring speedy implementation of the tech-voc program.
- In view of the foregoing, the Tech-Voc Task Force Office is hereby created to be headed by Dr. Ricardo De Lumen.
- For information and guidance of all concerned.
DepED Order: Nos. 2 and 5, s. 2007
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: