DO 21, s. 2007 – Prescribing the DepED Uniform for Teachers and Non-teaching Personnel
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Vocational Schools Superintendents/Administrators
Schools District Supervisors
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with prescribing a uniform for the teaching and non-teaching personnel of the Department of Education (DepED), the following rules are hereby set for compliance of all concerned:
- There shall be one national uniform which shall be worn on Mondays. The uniform designs for the females and males are hereto attached as Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2, respectively;
- There shall be a regional uniform to be worn on Tuesdays, to be chosen by the regional uniform committee, a division uniform to be worn on Wednesdays to be chosen by the division uniform committee, and a school uniform to be worn on Thursdays to be chosen by the school uniform committee. Consequently, the regional and division offices shall select their respective set/s of uniform for the day/s wherein there is no prescribed regional/division uniform;
- Regional offices, division offices, and schools with existing office/ school uniforms are not required to have a new set of uniform for their respective offices/schools;
- The Central Office shall have its own sets of uniforms to be worn on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays;
- Fridays shall be wash days;
- There shall be a small embroidery of the DepED logo (torch only) on the left side/collar of the blouse or polo;
- The prescribed uniform designs shall be implemented for two (2) school years, SY 2007-2008 and 2008-2009; and
- The uniform committee shall be composed of members representing the different sectors within the locality/school.
- The following personnel are exempt from wearing the prescribed uniform:
- Medical and Dental staff wear the appropriate medical/dental attire except on Mondays when they are required to wear the prescribed national uniform;
- Janitors, utility and maintenance personnel shall be assigned appropriate uniforms;
- Legal officers, i.e. lawyers, on days when they are scheduled to appear in court where a different dress code is required;
- Teachers and employees with physical disabilities and other legitimate health reasons;
- Pregnant female employees are allowed to wear maternity dresses during the period of their pregnancy, and
- Teaching and non-teaching staff who are in mourning are allowed to wear the appropriate mourning clothes.
- Teaching and non-teaching personnel are allowed to adjust or modify the design of the prescribed uniform, i.e. long sleeves instead of short sleeves, to conform with the requirements of their religious affiliation or creed or any legitimate practice related thereto.
- The full clothing and uniform allowance in the amount of Four Thousand Pesos (PhP4,000.00) shall be released in cash to the individual DepED official and employee.
- The mode of procuring the uniform materials shall be decided by the central/regional/division/school uniform committee and the principle of transparency shall be strictly observed. However, it is encouraged that such procurement be made from or through the teachers’ cooperatives and/or associations and the DepED teacher and employee shall be given the option to make their own arrangements with regards to the sewing/tailoring services.
- Schools officials who occupy third level positions embraced by the Career Executive Service, are not required to wear the prescribed uniform.
- This Office would like to emphasize that it has not authorized any supplier as the exclusive distributor of the prescribed uniforms nor of the textile materials.
- Strict compliance of this Order is enjoined. Non-compliance to and deliberate defiance of this Order shall be dealt with administratively after due process resulting to the imposition of sanctions pursuant to Section 22.C (Violation of Reasonable Office Rules and Regulations), Rule XIV, Revised Omnibus Rules Implementing Book V of the Administrative Code of 1987 (Executive Order No. 292).
- For the guidance and compliance of all concerned.
DepEd Order: Nos. 1, s. 2002, 24, s. 2003 and 13, s. 2004)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: