DO 56, s. 2007 – Creation of DepED Constructors Performance Evaluation System Implementing Group (CPES-IG) Amended by
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In pursuance to Section IV of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of PD 1594 and Section 12, Annex “E” of R.A. 9184, – Contract Implementation Guidelines for the Procurement of Infrastructure Projects, Item No. 12 – Evaluation of Contractors Performance, all procuring entities implementing government infrastructure projects are mandated to evaluate the performance of their contractors using the NEDA Approved Constructors Performance Evaluation System (CPES). Guidelines for the type of project being implemented, in compliance, this Department, is constituting the DepED Constructors Performance Evaluation System Implementing Group (CPES-IG) which will be responsible in implementing CPES guidelines; supervision of Constructors Performance Evaluators (CPEs) to be accredited by the CIAP-PDCB; pre-screening of CPE applicants and facilitate accreditation training and seminars and data banking of CPES reports. Below are Technical Personnel of the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED), Office of Planning Service (OPS) and the Procurement Service (OPS) to man the CPES-IG:
Unit Supervisor: Engr. Oliver R. Hernandez
Technical Personnel: Engr. Antonia M. Alhambra
Head, Project Management Unit PFSED-OPS
Arch. Harold V. Dime
Area Supervisor, Project Management Unit
Secretariat : Francis Allen B. Dela Cruz
Administrative Officer V
Technical Support Division Procurement Service
Jason S. Del Rosario
Administrative Aide VI
Administrative Unit, PFSED-OPS
- The above IRR provides among others, for the performance evaluation of all constructors undertaking government projects regardless of contract amount and funding source and whose contract are awarded either thru bidding or negotiated by offices/agencies concerned. It also stated that each agency shall establish or create a CPES Implementing Group which shall be responsible for CPES guidelines implementation, including but not limited to the supervision of Constructors Performance Evaluators (CPEs) accredited by the Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (CIAP) and the Philippine Domestic Construction Board (PDCB).
- The CPES is a uniform rating system for evaluating the performance of constructors based on a set of criteria and shall be done at certain stages during the actual construction of a project, and upon its completion. It aims to:
- enhance the Department’s ability to make realistic assessment of constructors’ contracting capacity for purposes of award through the submission and keeping a data bank of all constructors performance;
- provide sound and comprehensive basis for prequalification of constructors through a networking of government constructors performance;
- check thoroughly the quality of infrastructure and provide resolution to problems encountered during project implementation;
- Provide safeguards necessary to protect the interest of government in its huge infrastructure investments; and
- Support the progressive improvement of the country’s domestic construction capability which is vital to the growth and development of the domestic construction industry.
- As stipulated in a NEDA Board Resolution No. 18, s. 2002, all government agencies shall allocate budget for CPFS implementation which shall be charged against the Engineering and Administrative Overhead Cost (EAO). Moreover, the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) in support to the implementation of CPES, also stated in a clarificatory letter dated January 22, 2007 that all expenditures related to CPES shall be charged against the EAO.
- This Order shall take effect and shall remain until revoked.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1- (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS