DO 61, s. 2007 – Amending Certain Provisions of DepED Order No. 53, s. 2004 (Delimiting the provisions of DECS Order No. 22, s. 1998)
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- It is observed that many schools who have no permit still continue to operate. In line with this, the following amendments to Paragraphs 2 and 3 of DepED Order No. 53, s. 2004 are hereby instituted:
- Schools operating without permit can request for the administration of Philippine Validating Test (PVT) only once;
- Pupils/students who already have availed of PVT but still continue to enroll in schools operating without permit or study in any home program not authorized by DepED will no longer be allowed to take the test ; and
- This action is being resorted to in order to deter pupils/students from enrolling in schools operating without permit.
- There shall be an increase in examination fee, from Fifty Pesos (PhP50.00) to One Hundred Pesos (PhP 100.00) per grade/year level/examinee to defray computer-man-hour and electric costs.
- For more information, please contact Ms. Obdulia L. Fondevilla, Officer in-Charge, Test Development Division National Education Testing and Research Center (TDD-NETRC), at telefax no. (02) 631-2589 and trunkline: (02) 632-1361 to 70 local 2143.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
References: DECS Order: (No. 22, s. 1998 and DepED Order: No. 53, s. 2004)
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index – under the following subjects: