DO 63, s. 2007 – Guidelines for the Implementation of the Balance of CY 2007 DepED School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage (Red and Black SBP)
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9401 otherwise known as the 2007 General Appropriations Act, the amount of PhPl.613 Billion has been appropriated to address the classroom requirements of schools belonging to the Red and Black zones of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). Red and Black Schools refer to areas experiencing acute classroom shortage: a) where the number of students divided by the existing number of classrooms shall result to a classroom-student ratio of 1:56 or more, b) those where classrooms are temporary in nature or are makeshift structures; or 3) those without any classrooms at all.
- This Department issued DepED Order No. 10, s. 2007 dated February 9, 2007 for the submission of priority lists of school buildings for the PhP 1.00 Billion allocation.
- Wherefore, this Department hereby issues this DepED Order for the information that the balance of this appropriation shall be used for the following:
- Construction and/or Repair/Rehabilitation of Technical- Vocational Schools facilities in 140 priority schools nationwide;
- Construction of additional classrooms in 133 selected schools that are adopting three or more shifts; and
- Construction of additional classrooms in selected schools under the red and black zones of the latest Basic Education Information System (BEIS). As per GAA, this shall be implemented by NGOs including the Federation of Filipino Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry Incorporated (FFCCCII) with capability and proven track record in the construction of public school buildings, through a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- The priority schools shall be appraised by the technical staff of the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division of the Office of Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) who have the technical capability to determine the actual needs and appropriate design of the structures.
- This project is under the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda-National Program Support for Basic Education (BESRA-NPSBE), thus, the World Bank Procurement Guidelines shall be followed in the procurement of these projects:
- For projects with total amount of less than or equal to PhP 5.0 Million, the Principal-led Scheme shall be followed; and
- For projects with amount of more than PhP5.0 Million, this will be bidded adopting the National Competitive Method. Bidding shall be conducted by the Bids and Awards Committee of the Central Office.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepED Memorandum: No. 65, s. 2005
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS