January 22, 2008 DO 6, s. 2008 – Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) Registration and Posting
January 22, 2008
DO 6, s. 2008
Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) Registration and Posting
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In line with Executive Order No. 662 dated September 20, 2007 (Enhancing Transparency Measures under Republic Act No. 9184 and Creating the Procurement Transparency Board) and the World Bank-PhilGEPS Multilateral Development Banks (MDB) Pilot Project, all are enjoined to comply with the required registration and posting requirements of all procurement activities as required under R.A. 9184, otherwise known as the Government Procurement Reform Act.
- To ensure compliance, the following measures shall be adopted:
- All DepED Procuring Entities (Central Office, Regional Offices, Division Offices, and Schools with fiscal autonomy and undertaking procurements) shall register online with the PhilGEPS at www.philgeps.net;
- All DepED Procuring Entities, through its BACs, are likewise directed to post all their procurement opportunities (regardless of the method of procurement used), results thereof, and other related information in the PhilGEPS bulletin board, as required under Section 8.2.1 of the IRR-A of R.A. No. 9184;
- As specified in Section 8.5.1 of IRR-A of R.A. No. 9184, all suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, contractors, and/or consultants must register with the PhilGEPS prior to transacting business with the government/DepED;To facilitate their PhilGEPS registration, all Procuring Entity shall submit (by mail, fax or e-mail) on or before January 22, 2008 a list of all suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, contractors, and/or consultants that transacted business with their offices last 2007 (format enclosed);
- No procurement shall be undertaken unless it is in accordance with an approved Annual Procurement Plan (APP) (Section 7, IRR-A of R.A. No. 9184}; and
- All Department Accountants, in addition to compliance to accounting and auditing rules and regulations, shall see to it that all procurements comply with the above measures.
- Non-compliance with the foregoing shall render the accountable officials liable for dereliction of duty and conduct grossly prejudicial to the best interest of the service, without prejudice to other charges, whether administrative, civil or criminal that may be filed under appropriate laws and regulations.
- To ensure compliance, DepED Procurement Service-Technical Support Division in coordination with all Regional BACs, shall be responsible in monitoring and reporting of said compliance.
- For more information, please get in touch with the DepED Procurement Service – Technical Support Division, Attention: Mr. Francis Allen B. dela Cruz or Ms. Belinda V. Tividad, Room 508, 5th Flr., Mabini Bldg. DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, at tel. nos. (02) 636-6543; 636-6642 and fax no. (02) 633-9343, or at e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: None Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: