February 5, 2008 DO 10, s. 2008 – Submission of the Priority Lists of Recipient Schools to be Funded Under the CY 2008 DepED School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage (Red and Black Schools)
February 5, 2008
DO 10, s. 2008
Submission of the Priority Lists of Recipient Schools to be Funded Under the CY 2008 DepED School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage (Red and Black Schools)
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The appropriation for the CY 2008 DepED School Building Program for areas experiencing acute classroom shortage will be utilized to address the classroom requirements of schools belonging to the Red & Black codes of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). Red and Black Schools refers to: (1) where the number of students divided by the existing number of classrooms shall result to a classroom-student ratio of 1:56 or more, (2) those where classrooms are temporary in nature or makeshift structures; or (3) those without any classrooms at all.
- In making the final list of priority schools, please take note of the long list of red and black schools drawn from the updated Instructional Rooms Analysis of the BEIS data (SY 2007-2008) distributed to the Division Physical Facilities Coordinators (DPFCs) during the 3rd National Convention of Physical Facilities Coordinators and DepED Project Engineers held in Davao City, the budgetary ceiling for each region, and the standard cost for the different project components. Field offices shall allocate based on the actual needs, provided that the total allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the division. The guidelines on the identification of recipient schools under this program are enclosed in Annex “A”. The summary of regional allocation is in Annex “C”.
- The project listings should be prepared by the Division Physical Facilities Coordinator and duly approved by the Schools Division Superintendent.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) at 4th Floor Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-72-63/638-41-08/638-71-10 and e-mail address at email@example.com, following the format in Annex “D” on or before February 16, 2008.
- For those divisions who will not be able to comply with the deadline set in Item 4, the PFSED will prepare the list which will also be drawn from the long list of the red and black schools mentioned in Item 2.
- A team composed of PFSED engineers and the Regional Physical Facilities Coordinator will conduct site appraisal and validation based on the submitted lists from the filed offices to determine and assess the current site conditions to determine actual classroom needs, as well as the corresponding cost thereof. In the event that the list of recipient schools do not need additional classrooms based on site validation made, the results of the assessment shall govern and a new school shall be proposed for implementation.
- To ensure that the school buildings can be used by the start of the School Year 2008- 2009, the President instructed the DepED to complete the construction of school buildings during the summer vacation period. Thus, procurement shall immediately commence once the listing is approved by the Schools Division superintendent.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 10, s. 2007
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: