February 5, 2008 DO 9, s. 2008 – Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded under the CY 2008 Regular School Building Program
February 5, 2008
DO 9, s. 2008
Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded under the CY 2008 Regular School Building Program
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The appropriation for the CY 2008 Regular School Building Program was allocated by legislative districts in accordance with the allocation criteria under R.A. 7880. Enclosed are the Guidelines for the Preparation of Priority List of School Buildings to be funded under this program marked Annex “A”.
- In preparing the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district and the standard cost for the different project components. The division offices shall determine the specific allocation for elementary and secondary levels based on actual needs, provided, that the actual allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the congressional district. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Room Analysis of the BEIS data (SY 2007-2008).
- During the 2007 regional coordination meetings between DepED and DPWH on the implementation of the regular school building program, it was agreed that DPWH shall only construct “COMPLETE” school buildings for new construction except for multi-¬storey constructions which DPWH can program partial construction with limited budget. However, the completion of these projects with partial constructions shall be prioritized for programming in the ensuing year’s budget. Ocular inspections of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess present site, electrical and water facilities conditions, and to determine actual classroom/repair needs, as well as the estimated cost/financial requirements thereof.
- The standard format of the Priority Listings is in Annex “B” while the allocation per congressional district in Annex “C”.
- The priority listings shall be duly approved by the Schools Division/City Superintendents and the DPWH District Engineer with the concurrence of the Congressional Representative concerned. In the event that there is no response from the concerned Congressional Representative within 15 days from the receipt of the list of recipient schools for approval, the list is deemed approved.
- The DPWH District Engineer shall agree with the cost set by DepED for a “COMPLETE” school building. Refer to part E of Annex “A” for the components of a “complete” school building and Annex “D” on the regionalized costs based on the prevailing cost of construction materials, labor and hauling in a particular region.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division – Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) at the 4<h Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-72-63/638-71-10/638-41-08 and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org following the format in Annex “C” on or before February 29, 2008.
- To ensure that the school buildings can be used by the start of the School Year 2008-2009, the President instructed DepED to complete the construction and/or repair/rehabilitation of the school buildings during the summer vacation period. Thus, procurement shall immediately commence once the listing is approved by respective approving authority (e.g. Superintendent, Representative).
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Memorandum: No. 7, s. 2007
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated iti the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: