February 27, 2008 DO 14, s. 2008 – Implementation of the DepEd Constructors’ Performance Evaluation System (CPES)
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In compliance with the provision under Section 12, Annex E (Contract Implementation Guidelines for Infrastructure Projects) of Republic Act No. 9184 or otherwise known as the Government Procurement Reform Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) and pursuant to DepED Order No. 56, s. 2007 entitled “Creation of DepED Constructors’ Performance Evaluation System Implementing Group (CPES-IG), the implementation of the Constructors’ Performance Evaluation System (CPES) for all infrastructure projects implemented by the Department will be enforced effective January 2008.
- The CPES will cover DepED infrastructure projects awarded and contracted starting January 2008 regardless of the funding source and mode of procurement under RA No. 9184 or using the procurement guidelines of the concerned funding institutions.
- Its objectives are to:
- evaluate the performance of all constructors undertaking DepED infrastructure projects;
- ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the different infrastructure projects and provide corrective measures in case there are problems encountered in order to protect the interest of the government;
- establish a database of constructors having contracts with the Department and maintain and update their track records and performances for easy reference; and
- coordinate and supervise closely all the Constructors’ Performance Evaluators (CPEs) accredited by the Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines – Philippine Domestic Construction Board (CIAP-PDCB).
- To oversee the system, the Department has created the DepED Constructors’ Performance Evaluation System Implementing Group (CPES-IG) reflected in DepED Order No. 56, s. 2007 to be supported by 29 evaluators duly accredited by the CIAP-PDCB, a list of which is enclosed.
- Expenses relative to the implementation of CPES shall be charged against the Engineering and Administrative Overhead (EAO) portion of the infrastructure fund subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For more details and further information, please contact the CPES-IG Secretariat, Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division, Office of Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) at 4th Floor Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through tel. nos. (02) 633-7263, (02) 637-6464.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: (No. 56, s. 2007)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: