April 21, 2008 DO 27, s. 2008 – Submission of Priority Lists of Recipient Schools to be Funded Under the Balance of the CY 2008 DEPED School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage (Red and Black Schools)
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9498 otherwise known as the General Appropriations Act, FY 2008, the amount of PhP 3.76 Billion is appropriated to address the classroom requirements of schools belonging to the Red and Black codes of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). Red refers to schools where the number of students divided by the existing number of classrooms shall result to a classroom-student ratio of 1:56 or more; while Black refers to those schools where classrooms are temporary in nature or makeshift structures and those schools without any classroom at all.
- DepED Order No. 10, s. 2008 dated February 5, 2008 was issued to request submission of priority lists of school buildings to be initially funded under the said appropriation.
- Wherefore, this DepED Order is hereby issued to call for the submission of priority lists of school buildings to be funded under the balance of this appropriation. The allocation per district is contained in Annex “A” hereof.
- In making the final list of priority schools, please refer to the long list of red and black schools drawn from the updated Instructional Rooms Analysis of the BEIS (SY 2007-2008), the budgetary ceiling for each region, and the standard cost for the different project components. Field offices shall allocate based on the actual needs, provided that, the total allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling for the division. Please refer to Annex “A” of DepED Order No. 10, s. 2008 for the guidelines on the identification of recipient schools under this program.
- The list of schools should be prepared by the Division Physical Facilities Coordinator and duly approved by the Schools Division Superintendent.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) at the 4th Floor Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax no. (02) 633-7263/638-4108/638- 7110 and e-mail address: at email@example.com, following the format in Annex “D” of DepED Order No. 10, s. 2008 on or before April 30, 2008.
- For those divisions who will be able to comply with the deadline set in Item 6, the PFSED will prepare the list that will also be drawn from the long list of the red and black schools mentioned in Item 2
- A team composed of PFSED engineers and the Regional Physical Facilities Coordinator will conduct site appraisal and validation based on the submitted lists from the field offices, to determine and assess the current site conditions as basis in determining actual classroom needs, as well as the corresponding cost thereof. In the event that the proposed recipient schools do not actually need additional classrooms based on the site validation made, new schools shall be proposed for inclusion.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: (No. 10, s. 2008)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: