June 11, 2008 DO 47, s. 2008 – Full Mobilization Efforts toward Increased Participation Rates
June 11, 2008
DO 47, s. 2008
Full Mobilization Efforts toward Increased Participation Rates
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- In compliance with the Presidential directive to increase enrolment and raise participation rates by 2-3% this SY 2008-2009, all regional directors and schools division superintendents are hereby instructed to:
- implement specific action plans formulated to raise participation rates (as requested in a DepED Unnumbered Memorandum dated May 21, 2008);
- mobilize all school health and nutrition personnel to conduct the following:
- coordinate with the barangay health workers (each BHW serves 20 households) on existing family mapping data and with the Office of the Municipal Mayor/Municipal Health Office (MHO) on family data including births;
- visit families with school-aged children not going to school and interview parents on reasons for not sending their child/children to school;
- disseminate information on various programs/projects specifically health and nutrition projects that will improve well-being of the children;
- assist the parents in enrolling the child/children;
- conduct physical examination on the child and if possible, institute intervention or refer to the barangay health center/municipal health center for appropriate management of any ailments; and
- analyze data gathered from the BHWs and MHOs specifically on births, number of household members and compare them with school enrolment.
- provide financial support to the conduct of mobilization activities of the personnel;
- closely monitor the efforts of divisions and schools to bring to school all school aged children in the area; and
- submit performance reports to the Office of the Secretary on or before June 30, 2008.
- Enrolment data shall be matched with existing local (Office of the Mayor/Municipal Health Office/BHW) population data to determine the extent of performance outreach.
- The Health and Nutrition Center is tasked to secure recent regional/provincial/municipal data from the National Statistics Office or from any other office that has existing population data by age level and gender to serve as baseline and for comparison/validation of specific age group profile.
- The contents of DepED Unnumbered Memorandum entitled “Increasing Participation Rates” dated May 21, 2008 is hereby reiterated for compliance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Unnumbered Memorandum dated May 21, 2008
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT