August 6, 2008 DO 58, s. 2008 – Authorizing the Grant of Overtime Pay and Other Benefits to Personnel Involved in the Operations of the Basic Education System
August 6, 2008
DO 58, s. 2008
Authorizing the Grant of Overtime Pay and Other Benefits to Personnel Involved in the Operations of the Basic Education System
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In consonance with DepED Order No. 51, s. 2008, the generation/retrieval of school-level reports through processing, validation, and submission of consolidated reports of each division and region for the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) to the Office of Planning Service, Central Office, shall be fast-tracked to permit the production of relevant reports within December 2008.
- This strategy is necessary to enable the DepED management at all levels (from the school through the central office) to come up with timely and data- based decisions on further improving the overall performance of the basic education sub-sector.
- Considering that the planning units at the central, region, division and school levels are under time constraint to produce all of the BEIS-required reports, personnel involved in the retrieval, processing, validation and consolidation activities beginning SY 2008-2009 are herein authorized to render overtime/overnight services with pay, whether during regular working days, weekends or on special holidays, as may become necessary, subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Further, heads of offices are directed to hire additional manpower as they see fit to meet the deadline imposed by DepED Order No. 51, s. 2008. Expenses to be incurred as a result of this Order shall be charged against local funds of the concerned central, region and division offices and schools.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepED Order: (No. 51, s. 2008)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: