October 2, 2008 DO 62, s. 2008 – Early Registration for Incoming First Year High School Students for School Year 2009-2010
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Pursuant to the thrust of this Department to increase the participation rate in basic education, all incoming First Year high school students for School Year 2009-2010 shall register in the public or private high schools of their choice within the four (4) Saturdays in January 2009.
- The objective of early registration is to enable the secondary school heads to identify who among the prospective graduates of Grade Six are at risk of dropping out. These students will be the target clientele of the Drop Out Reduction Program (DORP) through the Open High School.
- The students should be advised to bring with them a certification from the principal stating that they are candidates for graduation in Grade Six for SY 2008- 2009.
- The Division Offices (DOs) shall coordinate the registration and assist the elementary and secondary schools in identifying at-risk students. The DOs are advised to mobilize the school communities and to utilize all means of communication in order, to reach even those students of high school age who have stopped schooling after completing their elementary education. The teachers of the public schools who will serve during the registration period shall be entitled to service credits.
- The Regional Offices (ROs) shall submit the registration reports following the format provided in the Enclosure not later than February 23, 2009 to the Central Office (Attn.: The Director, Bureau of Secondary Education), Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT