Directors of Services, Centers, and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Vocational Schools Superintendents/Administrators
Schools District Supervisors
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- This DepED Order is being issued to clarify issues arising from the prescribed DepED national uniforms that brought about confusion among the teachers and non-teaching personnel in the field, particularly the required features of the reverse stamping of the DepED logo on the textile materials and the DepED hologram logo on the buttons.
- It is hereby informed that the abovementioned required features in the prescribed DepED national uniforms are no longer necessary, and as such the following prescriptions are no longer required and compulsory.
- The DepED corded stripes on the Female – Monday uniform
- The DepED reverse stamping on the Female – Tuesday uniform and Male – Tuesday uniform
- The buttons in the official DepED hologram logo for the Female – Monday and Tuesday uniforms, and Male – Tuesday uniform
- It is also emphasized that inasmuch as the full amount of the Uniform and Clothing Allowance has been released in cash, the DepED teaching and non-teaching employees in the regional, division and field offices and public elementary and secondary schools are free to procure and obtain the uniform materials from any available source provided that the materials are of the same order as the prescribed national uniforms.
- This Office wish to reiterate that it has not endorsed nor authorized any particular supplier to approach the regional and division offices and declare himself/herself as the exclusive distributor of the textile materials for the DepED uniforms. Moreover, the Department has not granted authority to any textile manufacturer or supplier to secure a patent or copyright for the textile materials for the DepED national uniforms. As such, no textile manufacturer can claim exclusivity for the supply of the uniform materials.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: (No. 27, s. 2009)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: