Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City’ Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is a copy of the Department of Health (DOH) Interim Guidelines re: Revised Response Level Guide for Schools.
- Particular attention shall be given to the reasons for suspending classes and to Responses Levels 3 and 4, specifically on the declaration of suspension of classes.
- In view of the increasing number of confirmed cases of Influenza A H1N1 and as a pro-active move for any eventuality of mutation of the virus, all public and private schools should sustain efforts to monitor the incidence of Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI) campaign for proper hand washing, general hygiene and proper cough/sneeze manners, make available hygiene and sanitation facilities. Enclosed are samples of information materials which may be printed in billboards and posters to be placed in strategic areas within the school campus as a constant reminder of preventive measures.
- All regional directors, schools division superintendents and school heads shall continue to oversee and ensure the implementation of the Revised Influenza A (H1N1) Response Levels System in schools and to report the schools with confirmed cases and with cases under observation (CUOs) to the DepED A (H1N1) Action Center through hotline 635-9964 manned by Dr. Minda Meimban and Ms. Loida Ramos, Health and Nutrition Center or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 53, s. 2009 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CLASSES HEALTH EDUCATION SCHOOLS