September 2, 2009
DO 91, s. 2009
Prescribing Guidelines and Requirements Regulating the Use of National Examination Results
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- In line with the thrust to optimize the use and benefits from researches and studies conducted by private organizations, undergraduate and post-graduate students, and other individuals utilizing national examination results; and at the same time to safeguard and prevent the misuse, mishandling, misinterpretation, exploitation and manipulation of national test results, the Department of Education (DepED) through the National Education Testing and Research Center (NETRC) is prescribing the following guidelines and requirements regulating the use of national examination results:1.1 The researcher must present the following:
- Two (2) valid identification cards and must show proof that he/she is qualified to do research work;
- Letter specifying the requested data, e.g. name of test/s, year of administration, regions/divisions which are the subjects of the research/study;
- Copy of his/her approved thesis/dissertation proposal signed by the Thesis Adviser; and
- Endorsement letter signed by the Dean concerned.
1.2 Further, the researcher must do the following:
- Sign a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) stating that he/she shall not compare regions, divisions, schools and examinees without taking into consideration other variables that may have substantial effect on the outcome of the test and that he/she shall furnish the Department a copy of the completed research/study; and
- Pay corresponding amount for the requested data.
- The NETRC shall only provide and release ten percent (10%) of the actual number of examinees per testing program per year.
- All previous issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1- – (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RESEARCH or STUDIES RULES & REGULATIONS