September 17, 2009
DO 97, s. 2009
Additional Guidelines on the Renewal for the Grant of Financial Assistance to Recipient Madaris and New Applicants
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- Pursuant to DepED Order No. 81, s. 2007, “Assistance to Private Madrasah and Its Implementing Guidelines Under DepED Order No. 18, s. 2008, Private Madaris are entitled to a grant of Five Thousand Pesos (PhP5,000.00) per student/school year as an incentive to adopt and implement the Standard Curriculum as prescribed under DepED Order No. 51, s. 2004.
- For the thirty-six (36) recipient Private Madaris in Regions XI, XII and DepED ARMM that have qualified for financial assistance in SY 2008-2009, the following additional guidelines on the renewal of the grant for SY 2009-2010 are hereby set for compliance, viz:
- Those Madaris that are considered on provisional status, SY 2008-2009 (Enclosure No. 1) must fully comply with the deficiencies as identified by the DepED Ocular Inspection Team;
- A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with DepED shall be executed with the assurance to gradually phase out their old existing Madrasah curriculum starting SY 2010-2011 or earlier. Henceforth, they shall offer only one (1) curriculum i.e. the Standard Madrasah Curriculum (SMC) for Private Madaris;
- Other requirements:
- Duly accomplished Madrasah Information Sheet (Enclosure No. 2);
- Board Resolution of the Madrasah adopting DepED No. 51, s. 2004; and
- Copy of Deed of Donation or Certificate of Title for Madrasah Site.
- Grantees Qualified for SY 2009-2010;
- Grade I enrollees or entrants for SY 2009-2010 shall be considered as new grantees;
- The required class size for Grade 1 is a maximum of 30 pupils;
- Only those pupils enrolled and included in the list of recipients in SY 2008-2009 shall be maintained as grantees. Provided, however, they passed and have moved on to the next grade level, e.g. Grade I level (SY 2008-2009) entrants to Grade 2 (SY 2009-2010);
- No transferee/new enrollee shall be added as grantee; and
- There shall be no substitution for drop-outs or failed students.
- The new Madrasah applying for the grant shall comply with the guidelines and/or requirements stipulated under DepED Order No. 81, s. 2007 and DepED Order No. 18, s. 2008.
- The priority list for the new Madrasah applying for the grant of financial assistance is as follows:First Priority : Existing regular Madrasah offering the SMC
Second Priority : Existing Madrasah that has yet to offer and adopt the SMC
Third Priority : Weekend Madrasah that has converted or will convert its curriculum into SMC
Fourth Priority : Hafiz schools
Fifth Priority : Newly established Madrasah
Sixth Priority : Private schools owned and operated by Muslims to be converted into Islamic Madrasah Institution
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: (Nos. 18, s. 2008; 81, s. 2007 and 51, s. 2004)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: