September 29, 2009
DO 102, s. 2009
Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 9184, Otherwise Known as the Government Procurement Reform Act
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Consistent with the mandate of the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB), under Section 63 (b) of Republic Act No. 9184, to formulate and amend public procurement policies, rules and regulations, and amend the IRR – A of the Act, GPPB Resolution No. 03-2009, revising the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) was approved and issued by the Board on July 22, 2009.
- For purposes of greater harmonization, the Revised IRR embodies one set of implementing rules and regulations for both locally-funded and foreign-assisted projects and shall apply to all procurements of the Department, including decentralized units and other attached agencies/offices.
- The Revised IRR was published in the Official Gazette on August 3, 2009. It took effect on September 2, 2009, hence, effective immediately, everyone is enjoined to adhere to its provisions, and principles of transparency, accountability, equity, efficiency and economy in order to promote good governance.
- Copy of the Revised IRR can be downloaded through GPPB website at www.gppb.gov.ph. In line with this, the Philippine Bidding Documents, Revised, 3rd Edition, is also underway and may, likewise, be downloaded through the website.
- All Orders, Memoranda and other related issuances inconsistent with the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations of R.A. No. 9184 are deemed amended accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CHANGE LEGISLATION PROCUREMENT RULES & REGULATIONS