January 15, 2010 DO 3, s. 2010 – ubmission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2010 School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage
January 15, 2010
DO 3, s. 2010
ubmission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2010 School Building Program for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage
- The appropriations for the CY 2010 DepED School Building Program will be utilized to address the classroom requirements of schools belonging to the priority red and black color coded schools of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). Computation for the prioritization on funding allocation per legislative district (or per schools division) was based on 1:45 Double Shift Classroom-Student Ratio.
- In preparing the final list of priority schools, please take note of the long list of red and black schools drawn from the updated Instructional Room Analysis of the BEIS (SY2009-2010), the budgetary ceiling for each region, and the regionalized costing for the different project components (Annex “B”). The guidelines on the identification of recipient schools under this program are enclosed in Annex “A”. Individual allocation list per Legislative District/Schools Division shall be provided by the Regional Office through the Regional Physical Facilities Coordinators (RPFC) or by the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) of the Central Office.
- In preparing the allocation list, PFSED shall draw up the initial priority list from BEIS data and forward the same to the Division Physical Facilities Coordinator (DPFC) for validation of the proposed school recipients and final approval by the Schools Division Superintendent. Allocation for both elementary and high school shall not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the legislative district/schools division.
- The corresponding subprojects shall be implemented following the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 9184.
- The Schools Division Superintendents shall be responsible for ensuring that the Congressional Representatives of their respective Divisions are informed of the list of priority schools to be recipients of this program. Enclosed in Annex “C” is the Pro-forma information letter to the representatives.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division- Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) at the 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-72-63/ 638-71-10/ 638-41-08 and e-mail address: email@example.com following the format in Annex “D” on or before January 29, 2010.
- To ensure that the school buildings can be used at the start of School Year 2009-2010, frontloading of the construction of school buildings during the long summer vacation period shall be made. Thus, the schedule of the corresponding activities is attached in Annex “E”.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
Ramon C. Bacani
Ramon C. Bacani