April 16, 2010 DO 32, s. 2010 – National Adoption and Implementation of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads
April 16, 2010
DO 32, s. 2010
National Adoption and Implementation of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads
- Pursuant to the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 9155 and the operationalization of the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA), the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads (NCBS-SH) is hereby adopted.
- The NCBS-SH defines the standards through the domains and strands which can be used as basis for the school heads’ decision making, actions and performance of their functions. In addition to fundamental direction provided by the set of standards, knowledge, skills and values are clarified through the indicators defined per strand on every domain.
- The NCBS-SH shall be used as basis for the preparation of a comprehensive training and development based on expected tasks that will be utilized to deliver supply-driven training programs to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and excellence of school heads’ job performance. It can also be used as basis for qualifying examination and other screening activities relative to selection and promotion of school heads and assistance to succession planning and development. Revision of performance appraisal shall also be based on the same document.
- The Regional Directors through the Training and Development Teams of the NEAP in the Region (NEAP-R) shall manage the distribution and orientation of the adoption of the NCBS-SH of the divisions within their jurisdiction. Monitoring and evaluation shall be conducted by the Quality Assurance and Monitoring Evaluation and Accreditation (QA-ME-A) Team of the NEAP-R.
- Reporting of the orientation activities shall be done by the Regional Office to the Office of the Secretary through the BESRA Technical Coordinating Team (TCT).
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Ramon C. Bacani
Ramon C. Bacani