April 28, 2010
DO 39, s. 2010
Adoption of the DepEd-balanced Scorecard under the Performance Governance System (PGS)
- The Department of Education (DepEd) is one of the six (6) government agencies in the country identified to pilot and implement the Balanced Scorecard under the Performance Governance System (PGS). It aims to calibrate the agency’s thrusts and priorities, and identify critical path towards attaining its goals.
- DepEd as a huge organization is mandated to develop the country’s human capital which will shape the future of the Filipino Race. It is important that all units of DepEd are operating under the principle of “One Vision, One Mission, Common Values, Common Goals, Different Strategies”. This principle should be the centerpiece of all DepEd’s endeavors in carrying out its mandate.
- Under the PGS, DepEd has formulated its vision statement to read as follows: “By 2030, DepEd is globally recognized for good governance and for developing functionally literate and God-loving Filipinos”. Its mission on the other hand, reads as follows: “To provide quality basic education that is accessible to all and lays the foundation of lifelong learning and service for the common good”. Among the core values as bases for good governance are: a culture of excellence, integrity, and accountability. Four others are the values that the national government has been emphasizing: Maka-Diyos, Makabayan; Makakalikasan.
- The Balanced Scorecard of DepEd underscores the importance of working together as an organization towards attaining a shared and common goal. Clear vision and mission, well-defined core values make the organization more focused and values-driven.
- The Strategy Map has specific initiatives and has identified specific measures whereby progress can be tracked and regularly monitored. Thus, all concerned are enjoined to align their regional and division plans and programs with the national targets as well as work towards meeting the targets such as Participation Rate, Completion Rate, Cohort Survival Rate, National Achievement Test targets, and other BESRA targets contained in the BESRA Implementation and Accountability Plan.
- The enclosed approved DepEd PGS and its corresponding articulations are hereby adopted as a national policy which will be the fundamental blueprint of DepEd governance.
- The regional offices are directed to continue with the work proceeding and the next stages of the PGS process under the direction of the PGS Task Force.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno