May 17, 2010
DO 60, s. 2010
CY 2010 Re-fleeting Program for DepEd Offices
- The FY 2010 General Appropriations Act provides Forty Million Pesos (P40M) for the purchase of motor vehicles for DepEd offices. As part of DepEd’s Re-fleeting Program, therefore, there shall be allocated two (2) service vehicles each to the DepEd Regional Offices as shown in Inclosure 1, and all balance of funds shall be used to purchase additional vehicles for the Central Office.
- Consequently, all service vehicles to be replaced in the Regional Offices shall be assigned to lower ranking officials within the regions. Unserviceable units that are ready for disposal shall be transferred to Tech-Voc Schools offering automotive courses without cost to the DepEd-CO.
- It is understood that the technical specifications for such vehicles shall be those set in National Budget Circular 446-A, and subject to clearance and approval by the Office of the President. Further, all procurement activities for this purpose shall be in accordance with the provisions of RA 9184 and its Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations. Actual procurement shall be assigned to the DepEd Central Office Bids and Awards Committee to promote economies of scale.
- Inspection and Acceptance procedures for these new motor vehicles shall conform to the provisions of DepEd Order No. 45. s. 2006.
- Concerned heads of offices at DepEd Central and Regional Offices are directed to ensure the smooth dissemination and implementation of this Order upon the release of such funds.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno