May 19, 2010 DO 66, s. 2010 – Policies and Guidelines on Planning and Administration/Management of the Human Resource Training and Development Program
May 19, 2010
DO 66, s. 2010
Policies and Guidelines on Planning and Administration/Management of the Human Resource Training and Development Program
- The Department of Education (DepEd), acknowledging the urgent need to build its manpower’s capability, has been allocating funds for training and development since 2006 to the regions, bureaus, centers and other units.
- In preparation for the allocation of the 2010-2011 DepEd Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) funds, all regions, bureaus, centers, services and units are required to submit its HRTD proposal for the period cited to the Office of Assistant Secretary Teresita G. Inciong on or before the end of May 2010 with electronic copy. Said document shall cover all trainings funded from different sources such as HRTD, Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE), partners from either government agencies or non-government organizations or specific persons (names of partner or donor agencies, organizations or persons shall be specified). The proposal which shall be a requirement for funds allocation shall have the following components:
- Program Title;
- Background and Rational (description/discussion of the conditions that justify the need for training supported with qualitative and quantitative data);
- Description of the Project/Program;
- Goals and Objectives (Deliverables);
- Strategies and Sub-Projects;
- Targets by training program or sub-project, project locale and level of participants;
- Implementation Mechanics;
- Fund Source/Project Partners/Donors;
- Work and Financial Plan (suggested form attached as Enclosure No. 1); and
- Monitoring and Evaluation scheme.
- The following guidelines shall be used in planning and in the conduct of training programs:
- All training programs shall be anchored on the results of Training Strengths and Needs Analysis (TSNA) and in support of the Education for All (EFA) 2015 targets. Each concerned office shall design and conduct its TNA;
- The use of Centers of Excellence (COE) or accredited training agencies in the conduct of training shall be considered. Said centers/agencies should be engaged from designing to the conduct of training ensuring that results of TSNA are appropriately addressed. Such trainings shall also be credited toward specialization courses in the masteral program. Likewise, training delivery shall be monitored by the concerned office;
- For special programs and projects, the Central and Regional Offices shall conduct a Training of Trainers (TOT) with participants from the divisions who will, in turn, train teachers/personnel in their respective divisions;
- All regional and division trainings shall be conducted in not be less than five (5) days to ensure mastery of topics and skills; and
- For purposes of tracking utilization of training funds, all offices concerned shall:
- maintain a data base on training. Such data base shall be used as bases in identifying training recipients and monitoring of trainees performance during and after the training;
- submit quarterly and annual accomplishment reports using the attached form (Enclosure No. 2) to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects; and
- submit a two (2) year-program every last week of January of every year guided by the provisions of Item No. 2.
- The following are the allowable expenditures under the INSET funds (5% of MOOE of each unit) and HRTD funds, considering the provisions of the Procurement Law and Commission on Audit (COA) rules and regulations:
- Board and lodging/meals and transportation expenses of participants, trainers and resource persons and staff following rates allowable by COA;
- Payment of honoraria for trainers, resource persons following existing COA rules and regulations;
- Purchase of training supplies, materials, references and books;
- Development and production of training materials; and
- Rental of training equipment/venue.
- Teacher-trainers/training participants shall not be required to pay for materials used during the training nor shall buy resource materials sold by vendors in the training venue;
- All concerned regions, bureaus and other offices shall submit an audited report of disbursement to the Budget Division-Central Office and the documents stipulated in Item No. 3.5 to the Office of the Undersecretary and/or Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects. Such reports are prerequisites to effect subsequent release of funds for training and development; and
- Utilization of training funds from partners (other Gas, NGOs, private individual donors) shall follow the agreed terms of donation between the office concerned and the donor who shall ensure that the results of TSNA and EFA targets are addressed in the training design.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno