June 16, 2010 DO 81, s. 2010 – Reiterating the Policy on the Suspension of Classes and Work in Government Offices During Inclement Weather
June 16, 2010
DO 81, s. 2010
Reiterating the Policy on the Suspension of Classes and Work in Government Offices During Inclement Weather
- This Department reiterates the Policy on the Suspension of Classes and Work in Government Offices during Inclement Weather based on National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) Memorandum No. 07, s. 2006 anchored on DepED Order No. 28, s. 2005. This provides basis among concerned agencies to execute prompt decision to ensure safety of the general public.
- This policy is the result of collaborative consultations among the NDCC, Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAG-ASA), other concerned agencies, and this Department. During the NDCC Meeting on Stock Taking Preparedness of National Government Agencies and Response Agencies for the Rainy Season held on June 2, 2010 at the 2/F Conference Room, NDMC Building, Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City. The agreements of this meeting are the following:
- The NDCC Memorandum No. 07, s. 2006 be reiterated for strict compliance; and
- Facilitate the dissemination of Paragraph 3, to wit: “In order to improve the coordination among agencies concerned, particularly in the announcement and dissemination to the general public on information related thereto, concerned agencies are advised to adhere to the procedure described in the enclosed Document/Process Flow for Suspension of Classes during Inclement Weather …and to announce the suspension of classes and work in government offices not later than 10:00 p.m. the previous day to give the public enough time to prepare…”
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno