July 26, 2010 DO 93, s. 2010 – Revision to DepEd Order No. 77, S. 2010 (Guidelines on the Allocation/Deployment of New Teaching, Teaching-Related and Non-Teaching Positions for FY 2010)
1. Item Nos. 2.a, and 1.c, d and e of DepEd Order No. 77, s. 2010 are hereby revised and should read as follows:
a. Pre-school. The ideal pupil-teacher ratio is 25:1 (per Executive Order No. 349). Teachers to be hired must be holders of Bachelor of Science in Education major in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or Bachelor’s degree in Education with 18 units in ECE.
b. SPED classes/centers. The ideal pupil/student-teacher ratio for SPED classes as contained in the SPED Handbook is as follows:
|Exceptionality||One Grade Level||Multi-grade/Multi-level|
|Gifted/Fast Learners||30:1 – 35:1||15:1 – 20:1|
|Intellectual disability||8:1 – 15:1||5:1 – 8:1|
|Autism Spectrum Disorder||5:1 – 8:1||3:1 – 6:1|
|Visual impairment||7:1 – 10:1||5:1 – 6:1|
|Hearing impairment||7:1 – 15:1||6:1 – 8:1|
|Physical disabilities and health improvement||10:1 – 15:1||7:1 – 10:1|
|Multiple diabilities||3:1 – 5:1||2:1 – 3:1|
SPED Teachers to be hired must be degree holders of the following courses:
1. Bachelor of Elementary Education specializing in Special Education;
2. Bachelor of Science in Elementary or Secondary Education, major in Special Education;
3. Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education or Secondary Education plus 18 units in special education in the graduate level;
4. Bachelor of Science in Elementary or Secondary Education plus 16 units in special education with 2 years of very satisfactory teaching experience in the regular schools;
5. Bachelor of Science in Elementary or Secondary Education plus 14 units in special education with 4 years of very satisfactory experience in the regular schools; and
6. Bachelor of Science in Elementary or Secondary Education plus 12 units in special education with 6 years of very satisfactory experience in the regular schools.
Furthermore, priority shall be given to teachers who have handled a SPED program for more than ten (10) years and still occupying Teacher I plantilla item.
c. Alternative Learning System (ALS) classes/centers. The allocation shall be at least one (1) Teacher I (Mobile Teacher) per district. The ALS Mobile Teachers to be hired must be holders of Bachelors degree in Education and LET passers. They must be willing to be assigned in the Community Learning Centers (CLCs) within the district”.
2. Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC