September 3, 2010 DO 100, s. 2010 – Review of Trainings, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, and Other Capacity Building Activities
September 3, 2010
DO 100, s. 2010
Review of Trainings, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, and Other Capacity Building Activities
- Coverage. This pertains to all trainings, seminars, workshops, conferences, and other capacity-building activities organized by DepED (both Central and Field Offices) and those co-organized by DepED with non-DepED institutions. This covers those activities for both teaching and non-teaching staff scheduled to be implemented starting September 15 to December 2010, including those already with approved authority to conduct.
- Conduct of Trainings, Seminars, etc. Effective immediately, all proposals for trainings, seminars, workshops, conferences, and other capacity building activities shall be reviewed by the Executive Team. This is intended to rationalize training expenditures in terms of needs and effectiveness in addressing the Key Policies Thrusts and Directions enumerated in DepED Order 25, s. 2010 and meeting the MDG and EFA targets within five years.
- Submission of all Planned Activities for 2010. In line with this, all Offices (central/region/division) are directed to submit list of all programmed trainings, seminars, workshops, conferences, and other capacity-building activities to be conducted from September 15 to December 2010. To determine the need and effectiveness of each activity and to establish its support/contribution towards the attainment of goals and objectives of EFA, MDG, MTPDP, and OPIF, the following documents should be submitted:
- Justification (include signed MOA, if any)
- Objectives and outputs
- Number of target participants and level of competencies for the targets
- Cost of training/seminar/workshop/conference and Breakdown
- Inclusion of Non-DepED-Organized Trainings, etc. All trainings, seminars, workshops, conferences, and other capacity-building activities organized by non-DepED institutions wherein attendance is on official business and payment of registration fees and transportation allowances are charged against local funds are likewise covered by this Order. These activities shall also be subjected to the review of the Executive Team and the same documents cited in Item 3 are required.
- Review and Approval of the Executive Team. Only activities subjected to the review and approval of the Executive Team shall be implemented.
- The required documents and requests for approval should be submitted to the Office of Undersecretary Yolanda S. Quijano, GF Rizal Bldg, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City on or before September 10, 2010.
- All relevant provisions of existing DepED memoranda, orders, and other administrative issuances inconsistent with this Order are amended accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination and compliance to this Order is required.
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC