September 16, 2010 DO 102, s. 2010 – Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings for Funding Under the Balance of CY 2010 School Building Program Budget for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage
September 16, 2010
DO 102, s. 2010
Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings for Funding Under the Balance of CY 2010 School Building Program Budget for Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage
- The balance of CY 2010 DepEd School Building Program (SBP) appropriations shall be utilized to address the acute classroom shortages and requirements of schools belonging to the priority red and black color coded schools of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). For the purpose of prioritization, computation for funding allocation per legislative district (or per schools division) was based on 1:45 single shift classroom-student ratio.
- In preparing the final list of priority schools, the concerned offices shall take note of the long list of red and black schools drawn from the updated Instructional Room Analysis (IRA) of the BEIS (SY 2009-2010), the budgetary ceiling for each region, and the regionalized costing for the different project components (Annex “B”). The guidelines on the identification of recipient schools under this program are enclosed in Annex “A”. Individual allocation list per legislative district/schools division shall be provided by the regional office through the Regional Physical Facilities Coordinators (RPFC) or by the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) of the Central Office.
- The PFSED shall draw up the initial priority list from BEIS data and forward the same to the Regional/Division Physical Facilities Coordinator for validation of the proposed school recipients and final approval by the Schools Division Superintendent. Allocation for both elementary and high schools shall not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the legislative district/schools division.
- The corresponding projects shall be implemented following the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 9184.
- The schools division/city superintendents shall be responsible for ensuring that the congressional representatives of their respective divisions are informed of the list of priority schools that would be recipients of this program. Enclosed in Annex “C” is the Pro-forma information letter to the representatives.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division-Office of Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) at the 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City or at telefax nos.: (02) 633-7263, (02) 638-7110 and (02) 638-4108 and e-mail address: pfsed email@example.com following the format in Annex “D” on or before September 20, 2010.
- To ensure efficient delivery of the projects and so that the school buildings can immediately be used by the schools, the regional and division offices are required to focus on and fast track the implementation of this project. Constant monitoring shall be made by the Office of the Secretary to ensure that classrooms are completed on time.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC