February 14, 2011 DO 14, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the CY 2011 Financial Subsidy to S & T Oriented High Schools
Assistant Secretaries Bureau Directors Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents Heads, Public Secondary Schools
- For CY 2011, each of the S & T Oriented High Schools implementing the Engineering and Science Education Program (ESEP) shall be granted a fixed financial subsidy of One Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (P150,000.00) and an additional allocation of Four Hundred Seventy-Seven Pesos (P477.00) per student in the ESEP classes only.
- The subsidy shall be specifically used for ESEP classes only, on the following terms:Not to exceed 10% – Procurement of consumables for Science and Mathematics laboratories;
Not to exceed 10% – Professional development of Science and Mathematics teachers handling Special Science Classes, including attendance to DepEd-sponsored seminars;
Not to exceed 10% – Participation in DepEd-sponsored Science activities;
Not to exceed 20% – Subsidy for Science researches/projects conducted by the students. Expenses for student researches shall be in the form of support to the conduct of Science and Mathematics investigatory projects such as payment for laboratory analysis. The subsidy should not be used to support student participation in competitions not conducted by DepEd.
Not to exceed 20% – Procurement of instructional resources, including references for Science, Mathematics, and Research;
Not to exceed 20% – Maintenance and repair of previously-owned Science and Mathematics equipment, computers and printers, and minor repair of laboratory rooms; and
Not to exceed 10% – Payment of electric and water bills, including internet
- In case of a deviation from any of the percentage allocations specified in paragraph 2 the school head shall seek clearance/approval from the Director IV of the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE).
- The heads of recipient schools shall submit the physical and financial accomplishment reports pertaining to the utilization of the subject subsidy, to the Office of the Director, BSE, not later than January 30, 2012, copy furnished the Division and Regional Offices.
- The list of recipient schools and the format for the liquidation report are in Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2, respectively.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed..BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO, FSC (signed)
DepED Order: No. 65, s. 2008
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: