February 21, 2011 DO 17, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Engineering and Administrative Overhead (EAO) Funds for the Implementation of the CY 2011 Basic Educational Facilities Fund (BEFF)
To: Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- Under the General Appropriations Act (GAA), one percent (1%) of the total appropriations for the Basic Educational Facilities Fund (BEFF) is authorized for the Engineering and Administrative Overhead (EAO) to cover administrative overhead, procurement activities, contract implementation management, acquisition/rehabilitation and repair of sets of equipment and spare parts used in the implementation of DepEd’s infrastructure projects.
- As part of the contract implementation management for BEFF projects, the 1% EAO may be used for the following purposes:
> Material testing and quality control;
> Survey and field studies;
> Expenses incurred in the monitoring and inspection of projects (transportation, per diem, gasoline and hired vehicle);
> Salaries of Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division-Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) contract of service engineers and consultants;
> Workshops/Seminars and registration fees during seminars;
> Communication allowance;
> Supplies and materials; and
> Meals during meetings relative to BEFF projects.
- The one percent (1%) EAO shall be allocated and released in the following manner:
> 0.80% will be retained at the Central Office;
> 0.15% will be released to the implementing units (regional/division office / secondary schools with fiscal autonomy). The percentage share shall be incorporated in the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub-ARO) to be issued to the respective implementing units: and
> 0.05% will be released to the Regional Offices through the issuance of a separate Sub-ARO.
- The monitoring activities shall be the main responsibility of the Regional and Division Offices (through the Physical Facilities Coordinators) with support from the Central Office (through the PFSED-OPS).
- The following regional/division officials/personnel are authorized to utilize the EAO funds for the monitoring of the BEFF projects:
> Regional Directors (RDs) and Assistant Regional Directors (ARDs);
> Schools Division/City Superintendents (SDSs) and Assistant Schools Division/City Superintendents (ASDSs);
> Regional/Division Bids and Awards Committee;
> Physical Facilities Coordinators;
> DepEd Project Engineers /Architects; and
- All regional and division offices are required to submit their status of disbursement reports to Ms. Molyn L. Dionela, Accounting Division, Central Office.
- Unutilized EAO costs may be used for the construction and repair of school buildings needing immediate attention such as those that were damaged by typhoons or burned school buildings.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: Nos. 28, s. 2008 and 1, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: