February 23, 2011 DO 19, s. 2011 – Granting of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers Implementing Dropout Reduction Program (DORP) and Open High School Program (OHSP)
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003, entitled “Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers,” stipulated the activities eligible for the grant of service credits (Section 1.d).
- The Dropout Reduction Program (DORP) and Open High School Program (OHSP) are two (2) holistic Alternative Delivery Modes (ADM) conceptualized by the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) to address the problems of high dropout rate, high repetition rate, low participation rate, low retention rate and low completion rate.
- The implementation of these two (2) programs since SY 2005-2006 under the Secondary Education Development and Improvement Program (SEDIP) in the fifteen (15) low performing divisions has proven that these are viable contributory interventions to address the EFA 2015 targets. Hence, the programs were institutionalized through DepEd Order Nos. 62, s. 2008, 33 and 44, s. 2009 and 74, s. 2010.
- In recognition to the work of teachers who have to render overtime teaching services on weekends in order to reach children who are out-of¬ school, the Schools Division/City Superintendents (SDSs) are authorized to grant vacation service credits to teachers of OHSP and those involved in the implementation of DORP in schools.
- The school head/principal shall submit to the Division Coordinator the class schedule of DORP and OHSP classes. The Daily Time Record (DTR), original copy and/or certified copy together with the quarterly accomplishments shall be submitted to the Division Office for proper assessment and recording.
- The SDSs upon the recommendation of the Division Coordinator shall issue the final approval of the vacation service credits.
- All other provisions of DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 shall also apply to this DepEd Order.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (Nos. 53, s. 2003, 62, s. 2008, 33 and 44, s. 2009, and 74, s. 2010)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: