March 4, 2011 DO 20, s. 2011 – Policy Guidelines on the Use of Savings from the School Building Program (SBP)
To: Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Physical Facilities Coordinators
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Physical Facilities and Schools’ Engineering Division, Office of Planning Service (PFSED-OPS), regularly receives requests for authority to utilize savings from the Engineering and Administrative Overhead (EAO) under the DepEd budget for school building project for other purposes.
- In this regard, this Department shall only authorize the use of savings generated from the unutilized allotment under the School Building Program if it is contained in the Special Provision of the DepEd Budget under the General Appropriations Act (GAA) for the corresponding fiscal year.
- To approve the requests to utilize savings from SBP, this Office shall require the following documents:
- Request (original copy) with justification;
- Certification from the requesting Principal/School Head that the original project is already completed;
- Certification from the Division Accountant/Schools Division/City Superintendent that the original project(s) incurred savings; and
- SARO/Sub-ARO covering the original project(s).
- All projects are subject to the provisions of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 9184 (Government Procurement Reform Act) and Its Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: