March 4, 2011 DO 21, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Institutionalization of “Bayanihang Eskwela” as a Community-Based Public-Private Monitoring of Projects Under the CY 2011 Regular School Building Program (RSBP) and in Areas Experiencing Acute Classroom Shortage (Red
To: Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Bayanihang Eskwela (BayEsk) is a recognized community-based public-private monitoring of school building projects being spearheaded by the Govemment-Watch (G-Watch) of the Ateneo School of Government which has forged partnerships with the Department of Education (DepEd), Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Office of the Ombudsman (OMB), Girl Scouts of the Philippines (GSP) and the Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP).
- A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was signed by the abovementioned stakeholders that launched the “Bayanihang Eskwela,” which aimed at strengthening project monitoring and evaluation of government projects for the purpose of minimizing corruption and improving the effectiveness in the delivery of government services.
- The third run of BayEsk will cover the monitoring of the implementation of projects under the Regular School Building Program (RSBP) and the areas experiencing acute classroom shortage (Red and Black Schools).
- Enclosed is the signed MOA (Enclosure No. 1) and the implementing guidelines (Enclosure No. 2).
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Encls.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS