March 22, 2011 DO 28, s. 2011 – Calendar of Activities for School Year 2011-2012 Amended by DO 34, s. 2011 – Amendment to DepEd Order No. 28, s. 2011 (Calendar of Activities for School Year 2011-2012)
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- School Year 2011-2012 shall commence on June 6, 2011 and shall end on March 30, 2012. The different activities indicating the number of school days and number of teaching-learning days are enumerated in the enclosure.
- The total number of school days shall consist of two hundred two (202) days while the total number of teaching-learning days shall be 180 days. The 180 days shall represent the actual teaching-learning days which all schools shall Strictly Adhere to.
- The remaining 22 days of the total school days shall be utilized for national and local events and celebrations; national, division and regional achievement tests; contests/activities authorized by the Regional and Central Offices; and class suspensions due to natural calamities and disasters.
- The schools may observe national and local celebrations/activities and holidays other than those indicated in the school calendar, provided that the total number of school days and the teaching-learning days are maintained. Conduct of these activities shall observe the least class disruption as well as the least expensive policy. Make-up classes shall be conducted to compensate for school or teaching-learning days spent for said activities.
- Only school and division competitions (academic and non-academic) shall be conducted this school year. The holding of local academic and non- academic competitions shall be authorized by the Regional Directors only in meritorious cases and upon ensuring that such shall contribute to the improvement of school performance. The Regions shall also ascertain that make-up classes are held to compensate for the days children/students were not in school.
- This calendar shall be compulsory for all public elementary and secondary schools. Private schools may opt to deviate from this calendar provided they do not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the first Monday of August as provided for in Republic Act No. 7797. However, private schools are required to comply with the 180 teaching-learning days and notify the appropriate DepEd Office in advance of any deviation from the school calendar.
- The Regional and Division Offices may issue a regional school calendar to reflect their respective activities for the school year ensuring that the 180 contact days are observed.
- All Regions shall monitor the implementation of the school calendar.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: Nos. 26 and 69, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS & FESTIVALS