March 25, 2011 DO 30, s. 2011 – Implementation of School-Based Payroll Preparation
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- With reference to DepED Order No. 47, s. 2009 dated May 13, 2009, entitled “Amending Item No. 5 of DepED Order No. 46, s. 2004”, (copy enclosed), the Regional Office shall transfer the payroll preparation and processing from the Regional Payroll Servicing Unit (RPSU) to concerned Automated Teller Machine (ATM)-ready secondary school which has the capacity to prepare a school-based payroll as determined by the Chief of the Budget and Finance Division and approved by the Regional Director.
- To implement this Order, the RPSU with the assistance of the Systems Division at the Central Office shall:
- conduct a one-day orientation for the Automatic Payroll Deduction System (APDS) guidelines;
- transfer database needed by the schools, including the pending requests for salary deductions and billings submitted by accredited Government Financial Institutions/Private Lending Institutions (GFIs/PLIs);
- inform the GFIs/PLIs on the effective date of payroll transfer; and
- conduct parallel run with the secondary schools to ensure the accuracy of the initial payroll preparation.
- On the other hand, the Secondary School Principals shall:
- submit their requests to their respective Regional Directors for a school-based payroll system together with a notification from their servicing banks that their programs for ATM crediting has been installed in their schools for evaluation and test-run;
- strictly observe the minimum net pay requirement as provided by the annual General Appropriations Act (GAA);
- comply with the APDS guidelines on the withholding and prompt remittance of salary deductions and government shares to GFIs and accredited PLIs; and
- ensure that service fees deducted from remittances are properly accounted and deposited with the Bureau of Treasury.
- Consistent with Paragraph No. 2 of the abovementioned DepED Order, the Budget and Finance Division shall conduct periodic review on the implementation of this Order and recommend necessary actions, as the case maybe.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (No. 47, s. 2009)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: