May 25, 2011 DO 42, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Support Funds in Sustaining the Implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES)
May 25, 2011
DO 42, s. 2011
Guidelines on the Utilization of Support Funds in Sustaining the Implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES)
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with the thrust of enhancing quality elementary education, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), is sustaining the implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES) in the regions, divisions and schools.
- The support funds in the amount of Three Million Six Hundred Fifty Four Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (PhP3,654,500.00) shall be downloaded to the different sixteen (16) regions to augment the expenses related to the conduct of the APPES activities. The downloaded funds shall be allocated to the regions based on the number of schools granted Levels 1 and 2 status. This excludes the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). Enclosure No. 1 contains the allocation per region.
- The support funds shall be utilized by the regions for the following:
- Advocacy including orientation and training of potential APPES qualified schools;
- Technical assistance to be provided to qualified schools for APPES;
- Training of regional and division level accreditors and actual evaluation of schools recommended for APPES; and
- Incentives like monetary incentives, bronze/silver marker, plaque of recognition for the principal, certificate of commendation to teachers and instructional materials of Levels 1 and 2 accredited schools and other incentives/benefits stipulated in the APPES Manual.
- Upon receipt of the funds from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the Budget Division, Finance and Management Service (FMS), DepEd Central Office shall immediately issue Sub-Allotment Release Orders (Sub-AROs) to the regional offices (ROs) concerned for the implementation of the program.
- The regional directors (RDs) shall assign personnel and staff to be accountable for the judicious disbursement and allocation of downloaded funds with proper liquidation subject to the usual accounting and auditing requirements.
- The BEE shall monitor the utilization of funds and shall oblige the regions to submit project report using the enclosed format (Enclosure No. 2) and a copy of liquidation report which is due in March 2012.
- The regional offices (ROs) are encouraged to recognize schools granted with Levels 1 and 2 accreditation status in a ceremony to be arranged by the regional office. It is during the ceremony when incentives and other benefits will be formally awarded to the accredited schools.
- For more information, please contact Ms. Fe M. Villalino, Chief, or Mr. Abelardo B. Medes, Senior Education Program Specialist (SEPS), Staff Development Division, BEE, DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 687-2948 or send a message through e-mail address: bee firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: No. 79, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: