September 21, 2011 DO 73, s. 2011 – Creation of Task Force on Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) on Economic Recovery and Development
September 21, 2011
DO 73, s. 2011
Creation of Task Force on Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) on Economic Recovery and Development
Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- In preparation for the appointment and installation of the Officers-in-Charge (OIC) in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) on October 1, 2011, a national transition team was created with the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) as Chair. The transition team, composed of the national agencies including the Department of Education (DepEd) is mandated to formulate plans to support the Economic Recovery and Development of the ARMM also referred to as “ARMM Mini Marshall Plan.” The DepEd, Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) are the three (3) key agencies identified under the basic services cluster.
- To ensure smooth coordination and strengthen the DepEd’s position on the initiatives, a DepEd Task Force on ARMM Economic Recovery and Development is hereby created with the following composition:
Chair – Undersecretary Francisco M. Varela
Administration and Finance
Co-Chair – Undersecretary Rizalino D. Rivera
Members – Assistant Secretary Jesus Lorenzo R. Mateo
Planning and Development
OIC Assistant Secretary Armando C. Ruiz Finance and Administration
Director Angelita M. Esdicul
Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE)
Director Lolita M. Andrada
Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE)
Director Carolina S. Guerrero
Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS)
Director Socorro A. Pilor
Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS)
Engr. Oliver R. Hernandez OIC, Administrative Service (AS)
Ms. Miriam N. Coprado
OIC, Planning and Programming Division, Office of the Planning Service (PPD, OPS)
Ms. Ester T. Dijamco
Chief, Research and Statistics Division, Office of the Planning Service (RSD,OPS)
Mr. Roger B. Masapol
Chief, Project Development and Evaluation Division, Office of the Planning Service (PDED-OPS)
- The specific functions and responsibilities of the Task Force are as follows:
- facilitate and guide the conduct of rapid validation of education data of ARMM including the inventory of personnel and physical facilities in coordination with DepEd ARMM. This activity is part of the thrusts of the transition team to clean up data across all agencies to prepare the entire ARMM bureaucracy for the appointment of OICs. The validated data shall be the basis for determining the level of support of DepEd Central Office to ARMM;
- oversee the smooth and fast implementation of DepEd’s programs and projects for ARMM identified in the regular budget of DepEd under General Appropriations Act (GAA) and ensure funds availability within the period of twenty-one (21) months starting October 1, 2011;
- make representations with the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) on the funding strategy for the identified activities not part of the regular budget of DepEd;
- ensure alignment to the national goals of all programs and projects to be implemented in ARMM particularly on curriculum, human resource development and governance;
- conduct regular monitoring of implementation of major programs and projects in ARMM;
- ensure attendance to meetings of the Inter-Agency Transition Team; and
- perform other tasks which maybe assigned by the undersigned.
- The Task Force operating budget including but not limited to meetings, transportation and other allowable expenses shall be charged to OSEC Funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For more information, please contact Mr. Roger B. Masapol, Chief, PDED, OPS, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 635-3983, fax no.: (02) 633-7256.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: