October 14, 2011 DO 81, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Grant of the Philippines’ Response to Indigenous Peoples’ and Muslim Education (PRIME) Program
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/ City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To accelerate the attainment of the Education For All (EFA) and Millennium Development Goal (MDG) on Achieving Universal Primary Education targets by 2015, and in support of the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA), the Government of Australia has provided the financing facility to the Department of Education (DepED) through the Philippines’ Response to Indigenous Peoples’ and Muslim Education (PRIME) Program.
- The PRIME Program, through the provision of grant, will allow the DepED to respond to both the educational demand and supply needs of the target communities. Specifically, the program aims to improve equitable access to and quality of basic education for girls and boys of the disadvantaged Indigenous Peoples (IP) and the Muslim communities.
- The eligible elementary and secondary schools and communities from the PRIME Divisions of the nine (9) identified recipient regions, namely: Regions I, II, IV-B (MIMAROPA), IX, X, XI, XII, Caraga and Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) shall be entitled to receive this grant, subject to the enclosed guidelines on the availment, release, utilization, and liquidation.
- For inquiries and other concerns, please visit Ms. Meryll Julia A. Tabin, Planning and Programming Division-Office of the Planning Service (PPD-OPS), DepED Central Office, 2nd Floor, Alonzo Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City or contact her at telephone no.: (02) 633-72-16; telefax no.: (02) 638-86-34 or send a message through e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: