November 4, 2011 DO 89, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Implementation of the Science and Mathematics Equipment Project for FY 2011
To : Undersecretaries
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To support the strengthening of Science and Technology Education in basic education, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the National Science Teaching Instrumentation Center (NSTIC) shall distribute packages of Science and Mathematics equipment, including laboratory glassware and storage cabinets, to Special Science Elementary Schools (SSES) and to selected low-performing public elementary and secondary schools.
- The Science and Mathematics equipment packages that will be distributed to the schools are based on the prescribed list of equipment per DepEd Order No. 118, s. 2009, entitled “Prescribing the List of Science and Mathematics Equipment, Laboratory Glassware and Consumables for All Year Levels of Elementary and Secondary Schools.”
- For Fiscal Year (FY) 2011, a total amount of PhP727,548,000.00 shall be provided for the procurement of the approved Science and Mathematics equipment and storage cabinets, and for the conduct of the trainings.
- The distribution of the goods shall be focused on the forty-three (43) Special Science Elementary Schools (SSES) and select low-performing elementary and secondary schools in various regions. Schools with average Mean Percentage Scores (MPS) of 35% and below in Science and Mathematics in the National Achievement Test (NAT) for School Year (SY) 2009-2010 will be given priority in the distribution of the equipment. Schools which have available and functional Science and Mathematics equipment will not be included among the recipient schools.
- To simplify the accounting and inventory of the goods, the NSTIC shall deliver the Science and Mathematics equipment packages to the recipient schools simultaneously.
- Enclosure No. 1 outlines the regional distribution of recipient schools. Enclosure No. 2 shows the list of Science and Mathematics equipment, including laboratory glassware and cabinets that will be received by each recipient school in the elementary and secondary levels.
- For inquiries, please contact the following NSTIC personnel: Mr. Marvin S. Maquilas or Engr. Ralph H. Neri at telephone nos.: (032) 255-3633 to 35 or telefax no.: (032) 255- 3005, or send a message through e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepEd Order No. 118, s. 2009
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Learning Area, MATHEMATICS