November 11, 2011 DO 92, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Additional Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) For Secondary Schools Offering the Special Program in the Arts (SPA)
November 11, 2011
DO 92, s. 2011
Guidelines on the Utilization of Additional Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) For Secondary Schools Offering the Special Program in the Arts (SPA)
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
- From 2008-2010, the pilot schools which became the lead schools implementing the Special Program in the Arts (SPA) were provided with an additional Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) budget in the amount of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP500,000.00).
- For School Year (SY) 2011-2012, the recipients of the subsidy of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP500,000.00) per school shall be the seventeen (17) expansion schools in the different regions listed in the enclosure. This is done to support the development of additional schools offering SPA.
- The subsidy shall be released directly to the recipient schools with fiscal autonomy or through the schools division offices (DOs) for schools without fiscal autonomy pursuant to the provisions of the Department of Education-Department of Budget and Management (DepEd-DBM) Joint Circular No. 2004-1 entitled “The Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units. ”
- The additional MOOE shall be used for the following subsidies and activities:
Subsidy Activity 20% of the subsidy Training of teachers and administrators on relevant topics in the Arts 40% of the subsidy Procurement of Art and Music supplies, costumes and instructional materials in the different art areas 20% of the subsidy Student development activities such as training, workshop, participation in DepEd approved Art festivals and competitions 20% of the subsidy Participation of the teachers in the DepEd sponsored scholarships, professional upgrading of the teachers including enrolment in the master’s degree program.
- To ensure that the financial subsidy is rationally utilized, and be recommended for its continued release to recipient schools, the concerned school heads shall comply with the following guidelines for SY 2011-2012:
- The recipient schools must conduct a yearly mentoring, training program to other schools within the division/region which intend to implement the program;
- The beneficiaries of the program must continue to participate in national or international events/competitions; and
- The student-beneficiaries must attain a mean percentage score (MPS) above the national average in the National Achievement Test (NAT).
- The recipient schools must provide the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) their Liquidation Report on the Utilization of the Financial Subsidy as well as Report on Item No. 5 of this Order. Non-compliance shall result in the suspension of the subsidy.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 54, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: