December 12, 2011 DO 95, December 12, 2011s. 2011 – Guidelines on Downloading Of Kindergarten (Preschool) Funds as Support to the Implementation on the Universalization of Kindergarten Education Programs For All Children
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- Pursuant to DepEd Order Nos. 37 and 51, s. 2011 entitled “Policies and Guidelines on the Implementation of the Universal Kindergarten Education for 2011-2012,” the Department of Education (DepEd) through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) has downloaded funds to all regions and divisions for the support on the implementation of the said policy direction, particularly those children in vulnerable, disadvantaged and underserved areas.
- The downloaded funds shall be utilized exclusively for the following various Kindergarten programs, projects and activities:
- Orientation/Training on the utilization of the 8-week summer curriculum and the national kindergarten curriculum guide for teachers;
- Strategic planning, advocacy with stakeholders on the organization of kindergarten classes;
- Provision of technical assistance and actual monitoring of kindergarten classes;
- Submission of an accurate kindergarten database system/enrolment report in all various delivery modes in all public elementary schools, including five (5)-year old children catered to by the Local Government Unit (LGU), day care centers, private and other church-based classes following Enclosure Nos. 2d, 2e and 2f; and
- Distribution of various kindergarten instructional materials using the format in Enclosure No. 3 of this Order and following the same format in Enclosure No. 3 of DepEd Memorandum No. 116, s. 2011.
- All regions and divisions are strictly enjoined to operationalize their implementation of the abovementioned various kindergarten activities to ensure access and quality assured kindergarten education services for the improvement of school readiness and foundational skills of five (5)-year old children especially in priority areas. Likewise, the utilization and disbursements of funds shall be accompanied with a project proposal/action plan indicating the detailed work and financial plans by each region and division which shall take effect starting January until December 2011. Failure to utilize the downloaded funds will mean no support for the subsequent calendar year.
- All regions and divisions shall be accountable for the judicious disbursement and allocation of downloaded funds and proper liquidation at their own organization level subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- All accomplishment reports shall be submitted through channels from the division to the region for consolidation and to the Central Office utilizing the various enclosures (Enclosure Nos. 2a, 2b and 2c) in a detailed format. Likewise, the enrolment report shall pass through the division and regional planning offices to ensure accuracy and synchronization of the database system utilizing the enclosed format mentioned in DepEd Order No. 37, s. 2011, Item 4.h.2 on monitoring and reporting.
- The Education Program Specialists (EPS) from the BEE shall monitor the utilization of funds and will oblige the divisions/regions to submit and comply with the various needed reports.
- For more information, please contact the Curriculum Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education (CDD-BEE), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax no.: (02) 638-4799 or send a message through e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: (Nos. 37 and 51, s. 2011) DepEd Memorandum: (No. 116, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: