December 23, 2011 DO 101, s. 2011 – Reconstituting the DepEd Housing Committee and the Task Force on Project Shelter (Socialized Housing for Teachers and Employees)
To : Undersecretaries
Directors of Services/ Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with DepEd Order No. 70 s, 2010 entitled “Guidelines on the Implementation of the Project SHELTER (Socialized Housing for Employees and Teachers),” a Housing Committee shall be reorganized in the Central Office to coordinate the activities relevant to the housing program for the DepEd teachers and employees in the central, regional and division offices. The Committee shall be composed of the following:
Chairperson : Assistant Secretary Jesus L. R. Mateo
Vice-Chairperson : Ms. Theresa Anne Manalastas
Members : Ms. Sonia R. de Leon
: Atty. Domingo B. Alidon
: Engr. Oliver R. Hernandez
: Ms. Carolina B. Plarizan
: Ms. Tarcela S. Farolan
- The Committee is also tasked to coordinate with the government and non¬government housing institutions, private sector, i.e. Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)-Pag Ibig Fund, National Housing Authority (NHA), Local Government Units (LGUs), Gawad Kalinga, Habitat for Humanity, private developers, partner agencies, among others to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of Project SHELTER.
- In the same manner, all regional and division offices are directed to reconstitute their respective Housing Task Force to be composed of the following:
- Regional Level
Chairperson : Regional Director/Assistant Regional Director
Vice Chairperson : Regional Administrative Officer
Members : President of the recognized regional federation of teachers’
: President of the recognized regional federation of the association/union of the DepEd non-teaching employees
: Regional Planning Officer
: Regional Physical Facilities Coordinator
- Division Level
Chairperson : Schools Division/City Superintendent / Assistant Schools
Vice Chairperson : Division Administrative Officer
Members : President of the recognized division federation of teachers’
: President of the recognized division federation of the association/union of the DepEd non-teaching employees
: Division Planning Officer : Division Personnel Officer
: Division Physical Facilities Coordinator
- Regional Level
- The Chairperson of the Task Force in the regional and division levels shall designate a focal person from among the members of the Task Force who shall be the Housing Coordinator and in-charge of coordinating the different activities relative to the Project SHELTER in their respective levels.
- All concerned must submit the names of the Regional/Division Housing Task Force and the designated Housing Coordinator with their contact numbers to the EWBD not later than December 29, 2011.
- For more information, please contact Ms. Tarcela S. Farolan or Mr. Rommel H. Espinas of the Employees Welfare and Benefits Division (EWBD) at telefax no.: (02) 633- 7229.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepEd Order: (No. 70 s, 2010)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: