January 10, 2012 DO 3, s. 2012 – National Tree Planting Program of the Alternative Learning System (ALS Lingap Kalikasan Program)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- In support of the Executive Order (EO) No. 26 otherwise known as the National Greening Program of His Excellency President Benigno Simeon Aquino III and pursuant to DepEd Memorandum No. 58. S. 2011 entitled “Creation of a Task Force on the National Greening Program,” the Department of Education (DepEd) through the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS) will implement the National Tree Planting Program otherwise known as the ALS Lingap Kalikasan Program from 2012 to 2016.
- The launching of this Program will be held during the 1st ALS Lingap Kalikasan which will be conducted simultaneously in all regions, divisions and communities at 5:00 a.m. on March 30, 2012.
- All the ALS learners who are enrolled in the Nonformal Education (NFE) and Informal Education (InfEd) Programs of the Alternative Learning System together with their families in their respective communities shall be encouraged to participate in the 2012 ALS Lingap Kalikasan.
- The ALS implementers such as the mobile teachers (MTs), district Alternative Learning System coordinators (DALSCs), regional and division ALS supervisors, ALS peer educators, ALS Gabay Aral sa Pamayanan (AGAP) literacy volunteers, ALS service providers and other ALS partners are also enjoined to take an active role in this Program implementation in coordination with the regional and division DepEd Greening Program coordinators as well as with the officials of the local government units (LGUs) at the community levels.
- Enclosed are the ALS Lingap Kalikasan Program Guidelines and Forms for reference and guidance of all concerned.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Memorandum: (No. 58, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM