February 3, 2012 DO 13, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Allocation, Delivery, and Distribution of Instructional Materials (IMs) to Support the K to 12 Curriculum
To: Bureau Directors Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) has allocated funds from the Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Textbook Funds and subsequent years until FY 2015 for the provision of the centrally procured learning activity packages (LAPs), modules, and other instructional materials (OIMs) to support the initial implementation of the K to 12 Curriculum. These materials will fill-in the gaps of the textbooks (TXs) and teacher’s manuals (TMs) currently being used in public elementary and secondary schools.
- The LAPs shall include kindergarten workbooks with worksheets, learning modules for pupils, teaching guides, and manipulative materials across all subject areas.
- The materials shall be developed by a team of writers from both public and private sectors who are subject area specialists, commissioned by the DepEd.
- In addition to these materials, modules and reading materials written in the mother tongue (MT) will also be provided to support the Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE) pursuant to DepEd Order No. 74, s. 2009.
- All other teacher-support materials developed by the bureaus, DepEd-field offices, and developed by foreign-assisted projects (FAPs) implemented by the Department such as the following will be provided:a. Modified In-School, Off-School Approach (MISOSA) Modules (for teachers and pupils;
b. Multi-Grade Teaching Learning Packages;
c. Madrasah materials (for teachers and pupils);
d. Dropout Reduction Program (DORP) materials (for teachers and pupils);
e. All Tech-Voc materials; and
f. Open High School Program (OHSP) materials.
- The allocation of the learning packages/materials shall be based on the enrollment data reported in the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). However, the goal of the DepEd is to provide all teachers and pupils with a complete set of the learning materials subject to the availability of funds. A copy of the allocation list of the packages and materials will be provided to the recipient regions, divisions, districts, and high schools as soon as they are available.
- The materials for the elementary schools shall be delivered to the school districts, while materials for high schools shall be delivered directly to the high schools. The school districts must distribute the materials not later than one (1) month after receipt of the delivery.
- The division offices (DOs) shall submit a distribution report not later than two (2) months upon completion of distribution to the recipients or not later than three (3) months after receipt of the learning packages/materials addressed to:Ms. Socorro A. Pilor
Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS),
5/F Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telefax Nos.: (02) 634-0901; (02) 631-3690
E-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- The DOs which do not comply with these guidelines shall not be included in the future allocations.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order No.: (74, s. 2009)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES