February 10, 2012 DO 14, s. 2012 – Policy and Guidelines on the Proper Distribution, Care, Recording, Retrieval and Disposal of Textbooks (TXs) with the Teacher’s Manuals (TMs) and Other Instructional Materials (IMs)
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- This DepEd Order provides the Policy and Guidelines on the Proper Distribution, Care, Recording, Retrieval and Disposal of Textbooks (TXs) with the Teacher’s Manuals (TMs) and Other Instructional Materials (IMs) in order to improve access to them, maximize their use, and minimize or eliminate damages and/or losses. It also provides guidelines on the proper recording and disposal of damaged and condemned TXs with the TMs and other IMs.
- These guidelines include reiteration of relevant provisions in DepEd Order No. 25, s. 2003 entitled “Resolving Losses of Textbooks” and DECS Order No. 23, s. 2001 entitled “Loss of Textbooks by Students.”
- The principals/school heads (SHs) shall ensure that TXs with the TMs and other IMs, which are government property are properly used, cared for, safeguarded from natural and human elements and recorded.
- The TXs with the TMs are provided to students and teachers free and are intended to be used for at least five (5) years. Therefore, it is the responsibility of every learner, teacher, and SH to exert all efforts to protect the TXs with the TMs and other IMs from damage or loss to prolong their life span.
- All concerned DepEd officials are enjoined to strictly implement and adhere to the enclosed guidelines and procedures. Hence, any infraction of these guidelines shall be dealt with administratively.
- For more information, all concerned may contact:Ms. Socorro A. Pilor
Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS),
5/F Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Mobile Phone Nos.: 0927-793-7331; 0928-696-0132
Telefax Nos.: (02) 634-0901; (02) 631-3690; (02) 631-4985
E-Mail Addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
References: DepEd Order Nos.: (25, s. 2003 and 23, s. 2001)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: