April 17, 2012 DO 31, s. 2012 – Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of Grades 1 to 10 of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) Effective School Year 2012-2013
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Effective School Year (SY) 2012-2013, the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) shall be implemented starting with the roll-out of Grades 1 and 7 in all public elementary and secondary schools. Private schools are enjoined to do the same. They may further enhance the curriculum to suit their school vision/mission.
- The general guidelines for the implementation of Grades 1 to 10 Curriculum which cover the following areas are stipulated in Enclosure No. 1:
a. Design of the Curriculum;
b. Desired Outcomes of Grades 1 to 10 Program;
c. Nomenclature /Learning Area and its Description;
d. Medium of Instruction;
e. Time Allotment;
f. Sample Class Program;
g. Learning Resources;
h. Assessment and Rating of Learning Outcomes; and
i. Culminating Activities/Performances.
- The Sample Report Card for Grades 1 to 6 and Grades 7 to 10 are in Enclosure No. 2.
- Schools are challenged to implement the guidelines in creative and innovative ways, for
the curriculum can be localized without compromising the philosophy of total learner development.
- At the end of every quarter, the end users of the Curriculum Guide are encouraged to send their feedback to the Division Office which will submit these reports to the Central Office (Attention: Dr. Yolanda S. Quijano, Undersecretary for Programs and Projects) through the Regional Office (RO).
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
KINDERGARTEN EDUCATION TEACHERS