April 17, 2012 DO 33, s. 2012 – Revised Basic Education Information System (BEIS) Data Gathering Forms for the End of School Year 2011-2012 and Beginning of School Year 2012-2013
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The annual statistical activities of the Department of Education (DepEd) shall begin with the dissemination of the revised data gathering forms for the End of School Year (EOSY) 2011-2012 and Beginning of School Year (BOSY) 2012-2013. The revised data gathering forms consist of the Government Elementary School Profile (GESP) and the Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP).
- The following table shows the number of revisions made in the GESP and GSSP:
Data Gathering Forms Total Number of Tables Number of Revised Tables Number of Additional Tables EOSY Form GESP 30 8 17 GSSP 30 7 16 BOSY Form GESP 8 3 3 GSSP 6 2 1
- Due to the major revisions in the school profiles, there is a need to conduct regional orientation for the Regional and Division Planning Officers in order to have a common understanding and interpretation of the different data elements included in the tables.
- The following timelines in data collection shall be observed:
Activity Target Date Remarks Fund Source One-Day Orientation of Regional and Division Planning Officers by the Research and Statistics Division (RSD) Staff (including on-line testing) April 23-27, 2012 Simultaneous conduct in all 17 regions Fund Transfer to Regional Office (RO) and Division Office (DO) from PMIS funds/local funds Orientation of School Heads (SHs) by the Division Planning Officers May 2-4, 2012 Fund Transfer to RO and DO funds Encoding and Submission by SHs of EOSY 2011-2012 Data in the BEIS before May 11, 2012 Can be done by the SH in any venue with internet connectivity Validation of Data by the Division Planning Unit before May 31, 2012 Minimum of one (1) week for small divisions and maximum of three (3) weeks for large divisions Encoding and Submission by the SHs of BOSY 2012- 2013 data in the EBEIS before August 7, 2012 Can be done by the SH at any venue with internet connectivity Validation of Data by the Division Planning Unit before August 31, 2012 Minimum of one (1) week for small divisions and maximum of three (3) weeks for large divisions
- The Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) is being adjusted to incorporate changes in the GESP and GSSP Forms and to enhance the system’s built-in validation procedures. Consequently, the operational guidelines and procedures in encoding and validating data were also enhanced based on the findings, issues and lessons learned from the EBEIS Debriefing Conference in November 2011. These revised EBEIS guidelines and procedures will be disseminated through a separate DepEd Order.
- Funds for the conduct of Orientation of Regional and Division Planning Officers shall be transferred to the Regional Offices (ROs), while funds for the printing and reproduction of the forms shall be transferred directly to the Division Offices (DOs). Funds intended for the interim divisions should be released by the mother division. In case the funds for the orientation do not come in time for the scheduled orientation, the regional and division offices are requested to utilize local funds in the meantime.
- The RO shall be responsible for selecting the appropriate venue for the orientation including board and lodging (where applicable) of the participants and the training team. The venue should have continuous power supply and internet connectivity. Transportation and travel expenses of all participants shall be charged to their respective local funds.
- The Division Offices shall oversee the encoding of data for schools without any access to the internet facilities.
- The schedule of Regional Orientation shall be announced through a separate Memorandum.
- The revised data gathering forms shall be sent through e-mail to the Regional Planning Units (RPUs).
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepEd Order No. 68, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: